Nikita Isaakovna Ykova
|Full name||Nikita Isaakovna Ykova|
|Date of Birth||January 23, 2506|
|Parents||Isaak Evgenievich Ykov, and Yelizaveta Fedotovna Ykova of St. Albans|
|Siblings||Ilya Isaakovich Ykov, Avel Isaakovich Ykov, Alexei Isaakovich Ykov, Lev Isaakovich Ykov, and Nadezhda Isaakovna Ykova (All deceased).|
|Eyes and Hair||Hazel eyes, Black hair.|
|Height and Weight||5'0”, 98 lbs|
- 2506 - Born on New Canaan to Isaak Evgenievich Ykov, and Yelizaveta Fedotovna Ykova of St. Albans.
- 2509 - Ilya joins the war for Independence on the side of the Browncoats.
- 2510 - Mid-April, word reaches 'Baba Yaga's Mortar' that Ilya Isaakovich Ykov has been killed in the Battle of Sturges. There are no remains.
- 2510 - Early-November, Yelizaveta commits suicide.
- 2511 - Mid-May, Unification day.
- 2512 - The Ykov family officially turns to smuggling as its main source of income.
- 2513 - Nikki becomes the official co-pilot of 'Baba Yaga's Mortar'.
- 2517 - Nikki takes over as the full-time pilot of 'Baba Yaga's Mortar', as her father turns his attentions to negotiation, and business management.
- 2523 - Late-September, Nikita's family does not return to the rendezvous point. Upon return to the site of their landing, she discovers her entire family dead in the dirt, and her ship gone without a trace. She wanders Paquin until she finds someone who speaks Russian.
Nikita Isaakovna Ykova was born to Isaak Evgenievich Ykov and Yelizaveta Fedotovna Ykova on a cargo ship called “Baba Yaga’s Mortar”, January 23, 2506 on New Canaan. She was the fifth child born, proceeded by 4 brothers, Ilya, Avel, Alexei, and Lev, ages 16, 13, 9, and 5 respectively. ‘Baba Yaga’s Mortar’ was a Firefly class transport that worked as a cargo ship for anyone with the money to pay, as long as the cargo was legal. It was unique, perhaps, in that ‘Baba Yaga’s Mortar’ was run entirely by the Ykov family, who spoke mostly Russian. Nikita showed signs of high intelligence early in life, walking and speaking before the average age of doing so. Isaak was the pilot of their little family affair, while Ilya, did the engine work. This happy, family sort of life was not to go on forever, and later that very same year, the Independence war broke out with a vengeance. In 2509, when Nikita was 3 years old, Ilya volunteered, and was sent off to fight with the Browncoats. Avel picked up where Ilya had left off, and though he was not as intrinsically gifted with machinery as the eldest brother, he knew his way around an engine. Nikita, for her part, had adored her father from a very young age, and spent a good deal of time in the cockpit, learning what her father had to teach, and showing a very clear natural aptitude for piloting. In 2510, two significant events took place. First, on February 12, 2510, Yelizaveta gave birth to her second daughter, who was named Nadezhda. Some time in mid-April, word reached the crew of ‘Baba Yaga’s Mortar’ that Ilya Isaakovich Ykov had been killed in the Battle of Sturges. There were no remains for the family to bury. Six months later Yelizaveta committed suicide. Nikita was only 4 at the time, but the anger and sadness that surrounded the entire affair convinced her that it was good and right to hate the alliance. In 2511, Mid-May, the allied planets celebrated the very first unification day. Through 2512 and 2513, the Alliance went about making laws, and changing standards for cargo transport, making it much harder to make a living. The family turned to smuggling; after all, they had the right ship for it. By the age of 7 Nikita was a decent flier, (although she was not trusted to truly fly the ship by herself until she was 11 ) and had already surpassed her brothers’ abilities in the cockpit. Her life was relatively uneventful, save for her budding expertise in a pilot’s chair, until late September of 2523, when her father and brothers went out on a job on Paquin, and didn’t show up at the rendezvous point, where Nikita waited with the MULE. Nikki waited for 6 hours, until it started getting dark, at which point she returned to the place where the ship had been, but what she found there was not at all what she might have expected. Of “Baba Yaga’s Mortar” there was no sign, but as for her family there was plenty. Her father, three brothers and sister lay in a mass, victims of a firing squad, each with a bullet in the skull. Nikita quickly found herself at a disadvantage. She, having grown up on a ship of Russian speaking family, with almost no experience in making deals, spoke very little English. She struggled on Paquin for about a month, until in Mid-October, she was seemingly sent a guardian angel in the form of one Mr. Andrew Owen. He agreed to take her in, insofar as providing her with the means of learning English, and a temporary place to stay until she gains her sea-legs.
Nikita has, as the pilot, been detained twice for smuggling charges, along with the rest of her family, although she was let off with a warning, because she was a minor. It is noted on her record that her eldest brother served as a mechanic in the Independence War, and died in The Battle of Sturges. It is also noted that she speaks very little English, which was noted after a run in with an Alliance situation in 2325.
Her Ident-card is as follows:
- Name: Nikita Isaakovna Ykova
- Gender: Female
- Birthplace: New Canaan
- Eye Colour: Hazel
- Hair Colour: Black
- Height: 5'0"
- Weight: 98 lbs.
- A brown birthmark on the inside of her right thigh shaped sort of like a clover.
- A scar shaped like a lower case i, just under and parallel to her ring finger on her left hand.
- A burn scar on her lower back. It is darker than her skin tone, and slightly shiny.
- Nikita is hooked on energy drinks.
- Nikita has sleeping problems, ever since the death of her family.
- Nikita is mildly allergic to most adhesives; they give her hives if applied to bare skin.
- Starsign: Aquarius
- Birthstone: Garnet
- Nikita's childhood stuffed animal was a plush seahorse. His name is Petrov, and she still keeps him in her backpack to sleep with when she has bad dreams.
- Because of walking in on a horrible scene of death involving her mother, Nikita has issues with decay in all forms, to the point that she prefers to eat protein blocks, and artificial food rather than organic products.
- Cells -- The Servant
- Don't Panic -- Coldplay
- Swans and the Swimming -- Iron and Wine
- 100,000 Fireflies -- The Magnetic Fields
- Fever Dream -- Iron and Wine
- Summersong -- The Decemberists