From Serenity : The Wiki
If a bug is noticed on the game, especially in the economy systems, the following should happen immediately.
- Check for user error. Refer to the help file and assure that your spelling is correct and the command does what you think it does. Ask on the Newbie channel if you're unsure.
- Take note of what you did prior to the error occurring, including any commands.
- Take note of any dbrefs for objects you've interacted with that may have to do with the error.
- Take note of any error messages that were displayed.
- Put in an +areq with what you did, the dbrefs, and the error messages you collected.
- DO NOT continue to exploit the bug. There may be rewards for reporting a bug honestly. There will be consequences for exploiting it.
- Wait patiently for staff to respond. +areq'd bug reports are frequently high priority responses from code staff.
The closer this process is followed, the quicker bugs can be tracked down.
Jayne 10:35, 5 December 2007 (EST)