|Full name||Aushka Celestria Nahmoen|
|Specialization||Transport Pilot, Diplomat|
Part 1: The Basics
1. What is your full name?
Aushka Celestria Nahmoen
2. Where and when were you born?
Date: September 22, 2501 Time: 7:03:13 City: Temple Pa Kau Planet: Londinium
3. Who are/were your parents?
Her father, Marcellus Nahmoen, was a martial arts instructor at the Temple, he following in the footsteps of his father, and his father before him. Her mother, Ceascea, was one of the care takers of the Temple, responsible for many matriarchal duties, including preparing meals for the students, treating injuries, and caring for the young ones of the village. Strength, she learned from one, to stand strong and unwavering in the face of fear and oppression. From the other, she learned wisdom, to temper the flame of anger, and that a soft word can be just as effective as a blow, sometimes more so.
4. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
An older brother was once counted among Aushka’s family, Vincent Aurelius Nahmoen, four years her elder. Quick to smile, even faster to laugh, he was good-natured, and easy going, some might have said too much so. Everything in his life was approached with the same jovial calm, be it his lessons, or a task set forth for him to complete. That is not to say that the item at hand would not be completed, there was simply no guarantee on the length of time it would take for him to do so. Yet, Aura had always been protective of Aushka, looking out for her, covering for her when she would make a mistake, finishing a task she had left undone without saying a word about it.
5. Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people.
Aushka has no home at the moment. After the Temple that was her home was razed to the ground, and it’s occupants slaughtered, Aushka spent several months mourning, and seeing the dead put to rest. It did not take much longer afterwards for her to realize that her place was no longer at the Temple, and that she must take to the Black to find where it was that she was now meant to be. She is currently on Persephone, the last part time job having landed her at the Eavesdown Docks.
6. What is your occupation?
While perhaps her most marketable skill is her ability to pilot and nearly commune with ships of the transport class, reinforced by her knowledge of the 'verse as a whole, as well as some small skill in astrogation, she prefers to consider herself more of a jane of all trades. Her ability to deflect an angry word, and to soothe a wound struck by either words or fists make her a skilled negotiator and diplomat, plied to defuse hostile situations, and patch up the hurts afterwards, both physical and egotistical. Her quick assessmnt of items' true values have proved useful over the last few months as well, combined with her negotiating and bargaining skills, have made her a useful partner in cargo and business trade arrangements. She has been known, on rare occasions, to find that soothing words and attempts to appease a situation have failed, and when those times have come, she has proven herself to be fairly adept at unarmed combat, though has rarely been known to actually lose her temper to the point of inflicting irreperable damage, and can occasionally be seen sharpening and practicing with a flat silver throwing dagger some six inches in length.
7. Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.
The young woman before you is tall and lean, standing a good 5'7", her limbs and digits long and slender. It is made obvious by her features that she is still young, late teens, very early twenties at best. Her face is a serious one, but the features are delicate, almost doll like with full, peach hued lips, and a slender slope of a nose that divides crystalline baby blue orbs, framed by soft lashes and caught under slender, naturally curved brows. Her skin is a creamy porcelain hue, free of scar or imperfection, offset by rich mahogany hued strands that are caught at the nape of her neck with a simple burnt crimson strip of fabric, after which the tresses tumble down between her shoulders to mid back. Her upper body is partially concealed beneath a worn but clean baby doll t-shirt of an ebony hue, sleeves tight along her shoulders and upper arms. A low scoop neck reveals the gentle rise of collarbones and the chest between, and the t-shirt ends directly below her rib cage. The lines of her body are lean, and sculpted, the area from rib to hip sculpted slightly, leading to a simple pair of pants of midnight black. The denim fabric rests around the curve of her hips and hugs the toned thighs, tucked into knee high flat footed jackaroo boots. A slender leather bracelet rests snug around her left wrist, tied securely in place. At first glance, one would guess it to be several leather thongs braided together, but closer examination reveals it is one piece that has been slit and woven.
The entirety of her flesh appears unmarred, no scar or bruise to break the gentle lines of porcelain, until one comes to view the back of her left hip, which holds a small white welt of branded flesh, a Japanese symbol that has been permanently emblazened onto her skin. On the front section of her body, almost in exactly the same position as the brand upon the back left hip, is a fresh wound, done with careful and obvious precision with an obviously beyond razor sharp blade, is the letter "M" carved into the tender curve of her hip.
8. To which social class do you belong?
While most might consider Aushka of standard, average class, at least based on appearance, she was once among the lower levels of upper standing. Her mother, Ceascea, had been a minor noble when she married Marcellus, and retained her status upon until her death. The title did not pass down to Aushka, however, as there was an older, and more... 'appropriate' cousin to accept the responsibilities therein. Aushka's manner of behaviour and speech, is, however, generally one that would be associated with a more genteel member of upper class society than your average run of the mill spacer.
9. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
10. Are you right- or left-handed?
Generally ambidextrous, though both throwing daggers, and the more artistic of Aushka's talents require primarily use of the left hand.
11. What does your voice sound like?
Aushka's voice is very lilting and melodic in nature, accented but in a relatively mild way. Soft spoken, her words have an odd ability to linger in the air between her lips and the ears of their intended, as if they hover for a long second or two after she was finished before actually finding their mark.
12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
Her mannerisms of speech are somewhat unique in and of themselves. English is obviously her secondary language, an astute ear might pick up on the lilting accents of Japanese, Cantonese, and Mandarin as the base for her words. Her syntax is also a bit out of the ordinary for the day and age, and she tends to use ancient earth-that-was colloquisms and phrases. Truly, in truth, therein, thereafter, whence, nonetheless, etc.
13. What do you have in your pockets?
Very little is actually carried in her pockets, a few loose coins, a thin leather wallet that contains a backup ident card and a small capture pic of her family, some year and a half ago. On her person, in other various places, she has a throwing dagger that is made of silver metallic alloy, flat of handle and blade, that has been sharpened past razor sharp, tucked securely in a specifically made sheath that has been sewn into the inside of her left jackaroo boot. Her cashy money is typically held folded over and slipped into the left cup of her bra between cloth and heart.
14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
She is typically soft spoken and mild mannered, genteel in speech, language and deeds, which in and of itself usually brings her to the average person's attention in the circles which she currently travels.
Part 2: Growing Up
15. How would you describe your childhood in general?
In general, her youth was rather pleasant. Not exactly an easy childhood, in regards to that she had a very strict schedule to hold to, between her scholar studies, artistic lessons, the time spent in the dojo with martial arts training and spiritual studies, and chores. While there were high expectations in those regards, she was also loved, and there were hardly ever harsh words exchanged, if she did something incorrectly, there were minor scoldings or minor punishments handed out, there was never need for raised voices, arguments, or corporeal punishment. Laps, sit ups, extra chores, were the typical ‘fines’.
16. What is your earliest memory?
A field of green, everywhere, higher than the sky, it seemed… the smell of grass and flowers and rain still lingering in the air. The sky purple and blue, white clouds drifting, and a white butterfly. Chasing it, falling down and getting up, trying so hard to catch it. The sounds of people laughing, and chasing after her chasing it… And she was so upset because she couldn’t find it, she lost it when she fell down. A few days later, she went to bed, and there was a blanket her size, with her name embroidered along one corner, a field of purple- blue cloth with a dozen butterflies swirling in a pattern over it.
17. How much schooling have you had?
During her training and lessons at the Temple, she achieved the equivalent of a high school graduate certificate at sixteen, approved through Londinium government standards and testing. She spent several years doing cortex lessons to achieve the equivalent of an associates degree in literature and philosophy. She also has a pilot’s license for transport class vehicles. Her lessons at the Temple were varied, above and beyond the basic requirements of mathematics, literature, english, chinese, history, science, etc. she also took several ‘electoral’ classes that revolved around philosophy, social and religious history, understanding the workings of the human soul and mind, calligraphy and sewing classes, and, of course, martial arts.
18. Did you enjoy school?
Very much so. Aushka is an avid and near obsessive learner. She believes that the more than you know about the universe, the better you understand the undercurrents that effect it, and thus, the more you will learn about yourself and your place in the verse itself, and what your purpose is therein.
19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?
Everything that she has learned, she learned from the Temple, with the exception of a few skills that she has begun to pick up since she has ventured out into the Black, such as the skills regarding Capital class ships, and some of the more diverse recipes she has in her repertoire.
20. While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them.
Her parents were definitely a large influence on her life, both of them having qualities that she wished to gain herself one day, her father’s strength, her mother’s wisdom and calmness. The other teachers of the Temple, of course, she held a certain amount of awe and respect for, each the Master of their own subject or art, or ability. She never truly had the desire to mold herself after one person specifically, however, she had learned that it is the diversity of the verse that allows it to exist and continue on without stagnating.
21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?
Definitely. There was always love and respect between the children, and between children and parents. That is not to say that there were not moments of stress or rebellion, or a joke taken too far at someone else’s expense. Tears were spilt, hair was pulled, things were said that were not meant, but it did not take much to settle the disputes.
22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A bird. When she came to realize that she could not be a bird, and could not fly, it near broke her heart. Finally, she was introduced to the joys of flying in ships, and immediately became fascinated with the idea of becoming a pilot.
23. As a child, what were your favorite activities?
Reading was one of the activities that took up most of her time. Poetry, history, textbooks, news reports, manuals… Fiction, autobiographies. Anything that she could get her hands on to. She also enjoyed calligraphy and embroidery, designing and working on preliminary patterns for outfits with her mother.
24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?
Aushka tended to be very shy for the longest time, didn’t talk much, mostly would linger on the outskirts and watch, but those closest to her came to understand that she wasn’t necessarily shy as she was cautious, and curious. And she had learned early on that if you didn’t say much, you were easily forgotten, and people were more likely to be themselves, and speak freely if they forgot you were nearby. Curiousity did get her into trouble more than once, sneaking in to places she shouldn’t have been, listening in on conversations that were supposed to have been private, etc.
25. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like?
There was not really popular vs. unpopular at the Temple. Granted, there were the older children that didn’t like the idea of being stuck with the youngsters, and there are always a few that stand out as bullies or particularly social ‘elitist’… but Aushka seemed to drift across all those boundaries without even realizing they were there. Quick to smile, soft spoken, and always the peace maker, she managed to exist on the edges of all of the cliches without ever really fitting into one particularly well. This didn’t really bother her, however, she had her brother Aura with which she could always converse if she was feeling particularly vulnerable or lonely, and her childhood sweetheart, Marcellus that she spent most of her time with outside of studies and work.
26. When and with whom was your first kiss?
Ahh. Marcellus Rossi, with the long black hair and the pale green eyes, and the slightly crooked smile. Aushka was 8, he was 11, and it was under the sakura tree, and it was on a dare… His friend Adrian had double dog dared Marcellus to kiss Aushka, he expected that Aushka would hit Marcellus, and ended up having to do two weeks worth of Marcellus’ chores when she didn’t.
27. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.
Part 3: Past Influences
29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
By far, the most important and even life-altering event of her life has been the destruction of her home; the Temple. Not only did that event take all of her loved ones, her friends and family from her, but it took her way of life from her. Coping with not only the deaths, and the acts of arranging for the burial of all those claimed by the attack, but the cleaning and rebuilding of some parts of the temple forced her to come to grips in a rather sudden and harsh way that there were indeed great evils in the 'Verse... and perhaps more importantly, that no one was immune to them. After several months of cleaning and waiting for the Alliance's investigation to be completed, only to discover that no leads were to be followed, and no closure was to be found externally, she began her travels throughout the 'Verse to try and find some of her own.
30. Who has had the most influence on you?
Before her life brought her out of the sanctuary of her home on Londinium, her life was guided by the wisdom and knowledge of her parents and teachers first and foremost. As her travels extended outwards, she still managed somehow to retain a good bit of her innocence and naivety even when entrenched in the extremities that existed in the outer edges of the 'Verse. Several compatriots on some of the ships that she has served on have helped her, coaching her and helping her adjust to life outside the safety of the Temple's walls.
31. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
There are no things that Aushka has done so far that she would consider over much as an accomplishmet or achievement to be applauded. She has worked hard most of her life to excel, but that was expected if not required. What skills she has she for the most part considers marginal or mediocre at best, and while she is an excellent pilot, she is of the opinion that that is as much because of the ship and the repoir between pilot and ship than specifically her.
32. What is your greatest regret?
That there was no chance to say goodbye. To say she was sorry. To say all those things that you never know you want to say until it is too late.
33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind?
35. When was the time you were the most frightened?
The nights she wakes up, in a bed that doesn't feel right, in a room she doesn't recognize, the unfamiliar throbs of the engines around her or the sounds of the street invading her sleep... the taste of ash upon her tongue, the chill that cuts to the bones of fear and loss and panic, the aftertaste of metallic tang and smoke burning her throat, tears leaving muddy streaks down her face... those moments between awake and asleep, the terror that overwhelms her and threatens to stifle her until reality breaks in again.
36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?
37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
38. What is your best memory?
39. What is your worst memory?
Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions
40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
41. What is your greatest fear?
42. What are your religious views?
43. What are your political views?
44. What are your views on sex?
45. Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?
46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
48. What do you believe makes a successful life?
49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?
50. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it?
52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?
Part 5: Relationships With Others
53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)? Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?
54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
56. Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Describe these people.
57. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person.
58. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
59. What do you look for in a potential lover?
60. How close are you to your family?
61. Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not?
62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?
63. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you?
65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why?
66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
69. Do you care what others think of you?
Part 6: Likes And Dislikes
70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?
71. What is your most treasured possession?
72. What is your favorite color?
73. What is your favorite food?
74. What, if anything, do you like to read?
75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
78. What makes you laugh?
79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you?
80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?
81. How do you deal with stress?
82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
83. What are your pet peeves?
Part 7: Self Images And Etc.
84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?
85. What is your greatest strength as a person?
86. What is your greatest weakness?
87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
89. Are you generally organized or messy?
90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
91. Do you like yourself?
92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons...)
93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?
94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
95. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.
97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
98. What three words best describe your personality?
99. What three words would others probably use to describe you?
100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character? (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice...)
The full and somewhat extensive playlist for Aushka is posted. = Crew =